About VMware 3V0-22.21 Exam
This exam is created to evaluate the candidates’ knowledge and skills in implementing vSphere 7.x solutions. These include their expertise in administration, deployment, troubleshooting, and optimization. VMware 3V0-22.21 leads to the obtainment of the VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Data Center Virtualization Deploy 2021 certification.
The target audience for this VMware test is those individuals who work as System Engineers and System Administrators. They have the skills in deploying, operating, troubleshooting, and optimizing virtualized environments. Besides that, they possess adequate knowledge of storage, security, networking, scripting, hardware, business continuity, disaster recovery, and business-critical applications concepts. The potential candidates should have a minimum of twelve months of practical experience in installing, managing, and configuring vSphere solutions. It is also recommended that the students obtain the VMware VCP-DCV certification and possess practical experience in system administration within Linux or Microsoft Windows operating systems. Also, they should review the domains in detail and gain competence in the technical tasks before sitting for the 3V0-22.21 exam.
The VMware 3V0-22.21 exam contains 17 lab-based tasks that have to be done within 205 minutes. It is a proctored test that covers multiple-choice and single-answer questions. The candidates are required to pay the fee of $450 to register for it. This exam is available in the English language and the registration process should be done through the Pearson VUE platform.
To achieve the passing score, the test takers must get at least 300 points out of the total number for the exam. Those applicants who do not get this pass mark will be required to retake the test to fulfill the criteria for attaining the associated certification. Please note that you need to pay a new fee for retaking if you don’t succeed the first time. The next try will be available after 24 hours. Any other attempts require that the learners have to wait 14 calendar days to register and take the exam again.
To ensure that the candidates are adequately prepared for the test, VMware recommends taking the instructor-led training course, which is known as VMware vSphere: Advanced Administration Workshop. It is a 5-day training that is available in various formats, such as onsite, classroom-style, vFLex-ILT, and online. This course is designed to equip the applicants with the skills required to carry out routine administrative tasks on VMware vSphere and perform complex vSphere configuration and operations tasks. The comprehensive details of the scope of the course can be found on the official website.
Also, the students should consider taking several practice tests to help develop their test-taking skills. Additionally, it is advisable to go through the exam blueprint to review all the topics in detail. It has several links to the prep resources that will help you develop competence in the subject areas of the content.
The test takers must gain practical skills in the domains of the exam content. Some of the sections don’t have any testable objectives, but others include the following details that you need to learn:
Install, Configure, and Setup
- Configure and deploy VMware ESXi & VMware vCenter Server: This part requires that the candidates demonstrate their competence in establishing single sign-on and VMware vCenter Server as well as configuring the identity source;
- Set up the cluster solution for VMware vSphere High Availability: This objective covers the skills in managing & configuring the High Availability alternatives;
- Set up the cluster solution for VMware vSphere DRS: This subdomain focuses on the learners’ expertise in designing VMware vSphere vMotion and configuring scalable shares;
- Set up the cluster solution for VMware vSAN: This subtopic measures the applicants’ knowledge of the process of setting up cluster solutions for VMware vSAN.
Upgrades, Performance-Tuning, and Optimization
As for this section, you are required to learn about how to manage the configurations of the high-level VM. It evaluates your skills in identifying & implementing the opportunities inherent in the vSphere resource streamlining.
Troubleshoot and Repair
- Troubleshoot resource concerns: It requires that the students perform their proficiency in troubleshooting virtual machine issues, vSphere configuration issues, and resource supply configuration concerns such as limits/sharing and hierarchy;
- Troubleshoot storage and network concerns: This part validates the applicants’ skills in troubleshooting issues with network and storage;
- Troubleshoot the vSphere base issues: In the framework of this domain, the learners show their ability to troubleshoot resource issues that are related to the VMware vCenter Server & VMware ESXi host issues;
- Troubleshoot vSphere 7 clusters: This topic presents the questions that measure one’s competence in troubleshooting VMware Admission Control as well as virtual machine reservations.
Operational and Administrative Tasks
- Set up storage and networking: This subject area requires the students’ expertise in deploying & managing VMware vSphere Classic Switch and VMware vSphere Distribute Switch as well as deploying and managing the high-level storage configurations;
- Set up VMware vCenter Server and log collection backups: This section evaluates the professionals’ skills in managing and reviewing the log files of VMware vCenter, configuring the Server profiles, as well as configuring and managing the backup and restore options;
- Remediate and manage clusters and hosts: This domain measures the candidates’ competence in configuring & managing the high-level cluster configurations, including Admission Control and Quickstart. It is also important to have the skills in creating & managing host outlines such as apply & edit host profiles, managing & repairing clusters with the use of vSphere Lifecycle Manager, and configuring & managing Lifecycle Manager Elements;
- Work with content libraries: This topic validates your understanding of configuring and managing content libraries and updating the VM templates within the content library;
- Implement VMware vSphere VM encryption: This module covers the skills in configuring & managing Key Management solutions and creating encrypted virtual machines;
- Manage and configure advanced host configuration: This objective requires that the examinees demonstrate their competence in configuring the vSphere Client repository and VMware tools.
The professionals with the VCAP-DCV Deploy 2021 certification can explore a wide range of career paths in the field of IT. With this certificate, they can get various job roles, such as a Systems Administrator, a System Engineer, a Network Systems Engineer, a Virtual Server Administrator, a VMware Architect, a Cloud Operations Technician, a Storage & Virtualization Engineer, a Senior Analyst Technical Engineer, or a Solution Architect. The average annual salary for these positions is about $110,000.