About VMware 3V0-643 Exam
The VMware 3V0-643 exam evaluates the knowledge and skills of the interested candidates in the implementation of the VMware NSX 6.2 solution. This includes the deployment, troubleshooting, optimization, and administration processes. If you pass this test, you will be able to obtain the VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 – Network Virtualization Deployment certificate.
The target candidates for this certification exam are those network professionals who have practical experience in working with VMware Sphere 6.x and enterprise networks. The ideal applicants for this test should have at least two years of practice experience in deploying VMware network virtualization solutions. It is perfect for those individuals who have the skills and competence in deploying, troubleshooting, and optimizing the VMware NSX 6.x solutions that run on vSphere 6.x architecture. It is also recommended to have a good understanding of the fundamental network concepts, which include L2 switching, L3 routing, as well as other general network services. The students must have the capability to deploy and administer different components of VMware NSX. The official prerequisite for taking VMware 3V0-643 is the valid VMware Certified Professional 6 certificate.
VMware 3V0-643 is a lab-based exam, which is available in English only. The number of questions to be expected is 23 and the time limit for the completion of this test is 205 minutes. The applicants must develop practical skills in the domains of the exam content before attempting it to improve their performance in the test. To register for it, the candidates must pay the fee of $450, which applies to a single delivery of the exam. The passing score is 300 points, and those who do not attain it will be required to retake the test.
To prepare the individuals for the 3V0-643 exam, VMware recommends to take the official training course, which is known as VMware NSX: Troubleshooting & Operations. This course is 5 days long and is available as a classroom delivered option, online live session, or vFlex-ILT. The learners can choose the variant they prefer. This training is designed to offer the students advanced skills, tools, and knowledge required to gain the competence in troubleshooting and operating a VMware NSX 6.4 environment. To register for this course, please visit the official website.
It is important to develop the requisite knowledge and skills needed to install, administer, and configure the VMware NSX 6.4 environment to be able to pass the VMware 3V0-643 test. Therefore, you should learn all the details of the exam content and master the topics, which include the following:
Preparing VMware NSX Infrastructure
- Deploying the infrastructure components of VMware NSX, including deploying the virtual appliance of NSX Manager: You should have the skills in integrating NSX Manager and vCenter Server as well as implementing & configuring NSX Controller;
- Preparing Host Clusters for Network Virtualization: This subtopic covers the skills in preparing vSphere Distributed Switching and cluster for NSX as well as configuring the relevant teaming policies for specific implementations and configuring the VXLAN Transport parameters based on a deployment plan;
- Managing & configuring a transport zone: It focuses on adding clusters to the transport zones, configuring control plane modes for the transport zone, creating the transport zones based on a deployment plan, and removing clusters from the transport zones.
Creating & Managing Virtual Networks of VMware NSX
- Creating & managing logical switches: You should be able to assign & configure IP addresses, deploy services on Logical Switch, create/delete logical switches, as well as connect/disconnect virtual machines from/to a logical switch;
- Configuring & managing L2 Bridging: It is important to have the skills in connecting L2 Bridging to the relevant distributed virtual port groups and adding L2 Bridging;
- Configuring & managing routing: This subsection covers the skills in configuring static routes, default gateway parameters, route redistribution, and centralized & distributed routing.
Deploying & Managing Network Services for VMware NSX
- Managing & configuring logical load balancing: It covers the skills in configuring virtual servers, application rules & profiles, SSL off-loading, relevant Load Balancer model, and service monitor for defining health check parameters;
- Managing & configuring logical VPNs: This area focuses on the skills in configuring IPSec VPN service, SSL VPN service, and L2 VPN service for performing a range of tasks;
- Managing & configuring additional services for VMware NSX Edge: Here, you need to have the skills in configuring DHCP services based on a deployment plan.
Securing vSphere Data Center with VMware NSX
- Managing & configuring logical firewall services: It covers the skills in configuring Edge & distributed firewall rules based on deployment plans and configuring SpoofGuard policies for enhancing security;
- Managing & configuring service composer: This objective requires one’s competence in configuring Guest Introspection & network introspection, security groups & security policies, and activity monitoring for the security policy.
Carrying Out Operational Management for VMware NSX Implementations
- Restoring network configurations: It evaluates the skills in scheduling/backing up/restoring NSX Manager Data as well as exporting/importing service composer profiles. You should be able to export/restore the configuration of the vSphere distributed switch as well;
- Monitoring the implementation of VMware NSX: This subtopic includes the skills in monitoring network services health and status of the infrastructure components.
Configuring Networking & Security of Cross vCenter
- Configuring the infrastructure components of Cross vCenter VMware NSX: It includes the skills in configuring NSX manager roles based on a deployment plan, deploying/configuring Universal Controller Cluster, and creating/managing universal transport zones;
- Managing & configuring universal logical network objects: This objective covers the skills in configuring local egress and creating/configuring universal logical switches & universally distributed logical routers.
Carrying Out Advanced Troubleshooting for VMware NSX
- Troubleshooting common issues with VMware NSX installation and configuration: It covers the skills in troubleshooting NSX Manager Services and host preparation issues;
- Troubleshooting the connectivity issues with VMware NSX: This subsection contains the evaluation of your skills in troubleshooting dynamics routing protocols and virtual machine connectivity;
- Troubleshooting issues with VMware NSX Edge Services: It covers the skills in constructing & executing an API call with correct formatting and syntax.
The IT specialists with the VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 – Network Virtualization Deployment certification can get many benefits, including building their career in network virtualization. Thus, some of the job roles that these individuals can take up include VMware Engineers, Senior Cloud Systems Engineers, Systems Engineers, Data Center VMware Systems Engineers, and Virtualization Engineers. As for their potential annual salary with this certificate, they can earn an average of $110,000.