About Microsoft MS-700 Exam
The Microsoft MS-700: Managing Microsoft Teams exam measures the skills of the applicants in planning and configuration of a Microsoft Teams environment, management of calling, chat, and meetings, as well as management of Teams & app policies. Passing this test leads to obtaining the Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate certification.
The MS-700 exam is designed for those students who are seeking to develop mastery in Microsoft Teams and build a career in the roles of a Microsoft Teams Administrator. The candidates for this certification test must possess the relevant skills in planning, deploying, and managing Teams apps, chat, meetings, channels, live events, audio conferencing, as well as calling. They are also required to understand how to perform the upgrade from Skype for Business to Teams. Moreover, the applicants for this exam should have proficiency in handling the Teams settings with the help of PowerShell. Their basic understanding of integration points with apps & services (comprising SharePoint, Azure AD, Exchange, OneDrive, and Office 365 Groups) is also needed.
The Microsoft MS-700 certification exam is available in the English language only. To schedule the test, the candidates need to create an account with Pearson VUE, the official administrator of this exam, and pay the registration fee of $165. Note that this price applies to the learners from the United States. The applicants from other countries may pay a little lower price. To check the actual pricing for the Microsoft MS-700 test, refer to the official webpage.
There is a host of study materials for the Microsoft MS-700 exam that you can explore online. However, if you want to achieve the best results, it is recommended that you use the official training tools offered by Microsoft. There are both the paid and free options at your disposal. The paid instructor-led training course, MS-700T00-A: Managing Microsoft Teams, is delivered under the guidance of the Microsoft authorized trainer with extensive experience in the field and has a duration of 4 days. There are also self-paced free learning paths that you can use if you prefer to study on your own. The available learning paths for Microsoft MS-700 are as follows:
- Managing Team Collaboration with Microsoft Teams
- Upgrading to Microsoft Teams
The details of these preparation resources can be found on the official webpage. Apart from the above-mentioned options, Microsoft offers the candidates to familiarize themselves with the exam pattern with the help of the official practice test. This tool will allow them to improve their confidence through studying the close-to-real exam questions and possible answers to them.
The preparation process for any certification exam should start with the review of its topics. It is advised that the applicants for the Microsoft MS-700 test go through the official website to download the detailed exam blueprint. Here we will briefly discuss the domains covered in this certification test. These are enumerated below:
Planning and configuration of a Microsoft Teams environment (45-50%)
- Upgrade from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams
- Planning and configuration of network settings for Microsoft Teams
- Implementation of governance & lifecycle management for Microsoft Teams
- Configuration and management of guest access
- Management of security & compliance
- Deployment and management of Microsoft Teams endpoints
- Monitoring and analysis of service usage
Management of Calling, Chat, and Meetings (30-35%)
- Management of chat & collaboration experiences, including configuration of messaging policies, management of external access, management of channels for a team, management of private channel creation, management of email integration, configuration of external access for SharePoint & OneDrive for Business, management of cloud file storage options for collaboration
- Management of meeting experiences, including configuration of meeting settings, creation and management of meeting policies, configuration of settings for live events, creation and management of policies for live events, configuration of conference bridge settings
- Management of phone numbers, including order of phone numbers, management of service numbers, adding/change/removal of an emergency address for your organization, assignment/change/removal of a phone number for a user, management of voice & audio conferencing settings for users, configuration of dynamic emergency policies
- Management of Phone System, including management of resource accounts, creation and configuration of call queues, creation and configuration of auto attendants, management of call park policies, management of calling policies, management of caller ID policies, interpretation of the Direct Routing health dashboard
Management of Teams & App Policies (20-25%)
- Management of a team, including creation of a team, upgrade of an existing resource to a team, management of team privacy levels, management of Org-wide teams, customization and application of policy packages
- Management of membership within a team, including management of users within a team, configuration of dynamic membership, management of access review for team member
- Implementation of policies for the Microsoft Teams apps, management of Org-wide app settings, creation and management of app permission policies, creation and management of app setup policies, management of apps store customization
Career Opportunities and Salary Outlook
Passing the Microsoft MS-700 exam and earning the Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate certification equip you with the whole skill set required for performing the role of a Microsoft Teams Administrator. Holding this position, you will be responsible for the configuration, deployment, and management of Office 365 workloads for Microsoft Teams taking into consideration effective communication and collaboration within an enterprise environment. The Teams Administrators work in cooperation with the Telephony Engineers to execute the integration of advanced voice features into Microsoft Teams. After getting certified, you can also work in other roles, comprising messaging, security & compliance, as well as networking. Alternative job titles associated with this certificate may include an Exchange Administrator, a Systems Administrator, an Infrastructure Specialist, a Support Administrator, a Desktop Administrator, a Collaboration Administrator, a Corporate Technology Administrator, and a Network Administrator, among others. As for salary potential, the average remuneration for a Microsoft Teams Administrator in the USA is around $62,500 per year for the entry-level professionals, while the mid- and senior-level specialists can count on $82,500 and $95,100 per year respectively. The factors such as location and type of a hiring organization will also contribute to the actual salary of a professional.