About CompTIA N10-007 Exam
CompTIA N10-007 is a certification exam that validates the candidates’ knowledge of networking security, operations, and concepts, as well as infrastructure, network tools & troubleshooting. After successfully passing this test, you will obtain the CompTIA Network+ certificate. To be eligible for this path, it is required having expertise in using devices such as routers & switches to design adaptable networks and section network traffic. Besides that, it is suggested to have the A+ certification and at least 9 months of experience in networking.
While taking the CompTIA N10-007 exam, the applicants will be provided with 90 minutes to meet all the questions, which are given in the content of the test. There are approximately 90 questions that can be presented in the performance-based, drag and drop, and multiple-choice formats. It is awaited that the candidates achieve the score of 720 points on a scale of 100-900 to pass the exam. Please keep in mind that this certification test is available in many languages, including English, German, Japanese, Spanish, and Portuguese. You can choose the proper variant during the registration process. To register for this CompTIA exam, you should visit the Pearson VUE platform. First of all, it is advisable to create an account on this website and pick up the appropriate delivery option. You are free to choose between online or in-person delivery. The in-person testing allows you to take the exam at one of the Pearson VUE centers that are placed all over the world. The online testing, on the other side, provides you with the convenience to sit for the exam from any place at any time. Please also note that you have to pay the fee of $338.
CompTIA provides its students with the up-to-date resources that can help them prepare for the N10-007 exam with great deliberation. These tools are listed below:
- Instructor-Led Training – It provides you with in-classroom education. It is designed for groups and individuals, and all the information is presented by the certified instructors;
- Video Training with ITProTV for Network+ – It is an interactive and engaging training in a talk-show format that gives you the necessary information about the exam content;
- Study Guide – It is advisable for those students who prefer the traditional textbook way of education. This book is full of informative content that covers all the topics;
- eLearning – It allows you to practice with the performance-based questions that lead you on a way of regular education for your certification test;
- Interactive Labs – You can get the essential hands-on skills for your exam with the help of the CompTIA Master Labs for Network+ training. It will build a more deep-rooted understanding of the material and bolster the practical features of the exam objectives;
- Exam Prep – This is an online guide tool that evaluates your experience and exam willingness. It reinforces your strong areas and supplies information gaps in your weak domains. Thus, it helps you feel more prepared and convinced when you take the actual test.
As you can see, CompTIA gives you a wide range of study materials that you can take for your preparation process. Go to the official website and observe the additional information.
To choose the appropriate preparation resources, you need to have a thorough understanding of the objectives that are presented in the exam content. These domains are listed below:
This subject area makes up 18% of the exam content and evaluates the candidates’ abilities to perform the following processes:
- Utilizing the proper cabling solution with the help of a given scenario;
- Discovering the right position of the networking devices on a network & configuring/installing them according to a given scenario;
- Describing the ideas & utilize cases for the high-level networking devices;
- Defining the objectives of network storage technologies & virtualization;
- Analyzing & comparing WAN technologies.
2. Networking Concepts
In the framework of this topic, which makes up 23% of the entire content, the applicants are required to demonstrate their proficiency in the following skills:
- Describing the meanings and values of ports & protocols;
- Explaining applications, devices, services, and protocols at their relevant OSI layers;
- Describing the concepts and features of switching & routing;
- Configuring the relevant IP addressing elements with a given scenario;
- Analyzing and comparing the features of network types, technologies, and topologies;
- Performing the proper wireless technologies & configurations with the help of a given scenario;
- Reviewing the Cloud notions and their purposes;
- Defining the functions of network settings.
3. Network Security
The questions under this domain cover 20% of the whole content and are dedicated to measuring the following expertise:
- Summarizing the goals of the physical protection methods;
- Describing access controls & authentication;
- Defending a fundamental wireless network according to a given scenario;
- Reviewing basic networking attacks;
- Performing the network device setting with the help of a given scenario;
- Defining basic mitigation systems and their meanings.
4. Network Troubleshooting & Tools
About 22% of the exam content validates the professionals’ knowledge of the following operations:
- Describing the network problem-solving methods;
- Utilizing the proper tools;
- Troubleshooting the standard wired connection & performance issues according to a given scenario;
- Troubleshooting the standard wireless connection & performance issues with the help of a given scenario;
- Troubleshooting fundamental network service problems.
5. Network Operations
This part makes up 17% of the exam questions and requires that the students perform their competence in the following tasks:
- Utilizing the appropriate documentation & diagrams to manage the network with the help of a given scenario;
- Comparing and contrasting the business continuity & disaster recovery concepts;
- Explaining common scanning, monitoring, and patching processes & summarizing their expected outputs;
- Using the remote access methods according to a given scenario;
- Identifying policies and best practices.
After completing the CompTIA N10-007 exam, the specialists get the Network+ certification. This is a big step to take a new role with a bigger salary or request a promotion. With this certificate, you can get the positions, such as a System Engineer, an IS Consultant, a Network Analyst, a Junior System Engineer, a Junior Network Administrator, a Computer Technician, a Network Field Technician, a Network Support Specialist, a Network Field Engineer, a Help Desk Technician, and many more. The average salary that you can earn varies from $50,000 to $137,000 per year.