About Microsoft AI-900 Exam
The Microsoft AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals exam helps the candidates validate their skills and knowledge in the domains of common machine language and artificial intelligence workloads as well as the process of implementing both on Azure. The test is the only qualifying exam that the applicants must pass to obtain the Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals certification.
The target audience for this certification test includes the individuals with both technical and non-technical professional backgrounds. They are expected to have a fundamental knowledge of the concepts of artificial intelligence and machine learning as well as other related Microsoft Azure services. Data science and software engineering experience and skills are not the prerequisites for the Microsoft AI-900 exam but it is recommended that the individuals have some basic knowledge or experience in general programming. Those students who get the associated certificate can use it to prepare for the Azure role-based options such as Azure AI Engineer Associate or Azure Data Scientist Associate. However, it is not a requirement for either of these certifications.
The Microsoft AI-900 exam can be taken in English, Spanish, French, Korean, Japanese, or Simplified Chinese. It measures the candidates’ knowledge of the fundamental ML on Azure principles as well as AI workloads & considerations, among others. The learners planning to sit for this test must pay the fee of $99 and register with Pearson VUE or Certiport, depending on whether they are non-students or instructors and students. The exam is made up of 40-60 questions that can be delivered in the formats, such as multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, active screen, drag and drop, and build list.
The candidates can use the official practice test to gain the required competence for the Microsoft AI-900 exam. They may also choose this tool from other reputable IT training websites to get the skills in the domains of the exam syllabus. Microsoft offers the applicants two options of official training. These are several free online learning paths and one instructor-led course. The online learning paths cover five domains with various modules. Each area focuses on particular aspects of the topics of the test. The official instructor-led training course, in its turn, teaches the individuals the fundamental concepts of artificial intelligence and the service within Microsoft Azure that may be utilized in creating AI solutions. Those examinees who complete this course will gain the competence needed to become a Software Developer or a Data Scientist. They will also build a strong understanding of basic AI workloads and be able to recognize Azure services that support them.
The candidates for the Microsoft AI-900 test are required to demonstrate their skills in the topics covered in the exam syllabus. To gain the required competence, it is recommended that they download the exam outline and review the subject areas to be measured in detail before the scheduled date. It is strongly advised that the applicants check the official skills outline before choosing any study materials to be sure that they have the updated domains to work with. The sections covered in the certification test are as presented below:
Explain AI Workloads & Considerations: 15-20%
- Establish common features of AI workloads: It includes the ability to recognize forecasting/prediction workloads, anomaly detection workloads features, computer vision workloads, conversational AI workloads, and knowledge mining workloads or natural language processing.
- Establish guiding ethics for responsible artificial intelligence: This subtopic covers the ability of the examinees to explain considerations for a variety of concepts. These comprise considerations for accountability, transparency, and inclusiveness within the AI solution. It also involves considerations for security & privacy within the AI solution as well as safety & reliability in the framework of the AI solution.
Explain Machine Learning Fundamental Principles on Microsoft Azure: 30-35%
- Establish the basic types of machine learning: It requires that the test takers recognize regression ML scenarios, clustering ML scenarios, and classification ML scenarios.
- Explain the core concepts of machine learning: It covers your skills in recognizing the labels & features of datasets for ML, explaining how validation datasets & training are utilized within ML, explaining how ML algorithms are utilized for model training, choosing & interpreting the model evaluation metrics for classification and regression.
- Establish the core functions for the creation of ML solutions: The candidates should be able to explain the feature selection & engineering, explain the fundamental concepts of data preparation & ingestion, explain the basic features of model management & deployment, and model evaluation & training.
- Explain the capacity of no-code ML with the Azure ML studio: It covers an understanding of Azure ML designer as well as automated machine learning UI.
Explain Features of Compute Vision Workloads for Azure: 15-20%
- Establish basic computer vision solution types: It covers one’s skills in establishing the features of facial recognition, facial analysis, and facial detection solutions, as well as image classification solutions, optical attribute recognition solutions, and object detection solutions.
- Establish Azure tools & services for computer vision functions: It requires the individuals’ competence in establishing the abilities of Face service, Computer Vision service, Form recognizer service, and Custom Vision service.
Explain Features of NLP Workloads for Azure: 15-20%
- Recognize the features of fundamental NLP workload conditions: It covers the students’ skills in recognizing the features and utilization for entity recognition, key phrase extraction, translation, sentiment analysis, language modeling, as well as speech recognition and synthesis.
- Recognize Azure services & tools for NLP workloads: It focuses on the ability to recognize the abilities of Language Understanding service, Text Analytics services, Speech service, as well as Translator Text service.
Explain Features of Conversational AI Workloads for Azure: 15-20%
- Recognize the fundamental usage cases for conversational artificial intelligence: It requires the relevant skills in identifying the attributes and utilization for webchat bots as well as basic attributes of conversational artificial intelligence solutions.
- Recognize Azure services for conversational artificial intelligence: It covers the learners’ competence in recognizing the abilities of Azure Bot service as well as QnA Maker service.
The individuals who achieve the required passing score for the Microsoft AI-900 exam are awarded the Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals certificate. This certification qualifies an entry-level professional to build a career as a Software Developer or a Data Scientist. Some other job titles that the applicants with this certificate can pursue include a Customer Engineer, an Azure Cloud Specialist, a Software Developer, and an Information Security Consultant. The average remuneration for these positions is $64,000 per year.