Today, everybody knows about HP Inc. as one of the most popular Information Technology companies. But a few people know that it is formerly known as Hewlett-Packard. After the changes in 2015, it has divided into two organizations with one of them known as Hewlett Packard Enterprise or HPE. This is a company that now offers the certification program to allow the interested IT specialists to find their place in the industry.
HP Certification Program
The program covers different products and includes several categories with the options to choose from. All in all, the categories are divided into the Sales, Technical, and Workload Solutions tracks.
I. Sales Certifications
The first track includes the following options:
- HPE Sales Certified – Aruba Products & Solutions: This certification verifies your skills in identifying, describing, positioning, and recommending the key vertical Aruba solutions. To obtain it, you need to pass the HPE2-W07 exam;
- HPE Sales Certified – Edge-to-Cloud Solutions: This certification is available only to the HPE partners and employees. This means that you will need to sign in as one of them to get all the information and requirements to fulfill;
- HPE Sales Certified – Entry Level Solutions: This certification is also available to the HPE employees and partners. Therefore, you need to visit the official website to know the details.
If you pursue the first option, you can take the Selling Aruba Products & Solutions training course, also known as Course 0001132833. It includes the details related to the industry trends, Aruba ESP, Unified Infrastructure, and other important information. As for other two paths, you need to sign in with your account to know the possible recommended prep resources.
II. Technical Certifications
As for this track, it includes the following categories with their own paths in each:
1. Hybrid IT
The certifications from this track are all about Hybrid IT solutions. They validate that you have all the required knowledge to deliver a proof-of-concept for the given solutions to the customers, know how configure the foundational HPE data center solutions, or have the skills in deploying HPE SimpliVity solutions. The certificates that you can obtain are the following:
- HPE Master ASE – Hybrid IT Solutions Architect V1: To get this certification, a potential candidate needs to pass the HPE1-H01 test as well as the HPE0-V17, HPE0-V12, HPE0-V16, HPE0-V13, HPE0-V20, or HPE0-V19 exam;
- HPE ASE – Hybrid IT Solutions Architect V1: This certification requires that you take HPE0-S57 along with HPE2-T36;
- HPE ATP – Hybrid IT Solutions V2: To get this certification, you should pass only one test, which is HPE0-V14;
- HPE Product Certified – SimpliVity: As for the last available certification, you need to deal with the HPE2-K45 exam.
For each of the paths, the vendor offers preparation courses that you can take to improve your skills and knowledge. Thus, depending on your choice of a certificate, you can go for one of the following courses:
- Designing HPE Hybrid IT Solutions;
- Using HPE OneView;
- Building HPE Hybrid IT Solutions;
- Introduction to HPE SMB Hybrid IT Architectures;
- Using HPE SimpliVity Solutions.
This is the largest track out of all the available ones and offers 18 certification paths covering the Associate, Professional, and Expert levels. Therefore, it is recommended to visit the official website to know all the details you need. If looking at the most popular variants, they will include the following certificates:
- Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA): This certification verifies your foundational networking skills in designing and configuring basic Aruba WLAN with the use of the V8 OS architecture as well as features. To obtain this certificate, you must take the HPE6-A70 exam;
- Aruba Certified Network Security Associate (ACNSA): To earn this certification, you need to pass the HPE6-A78 exam and prove your skills in implementing the security at the edge with AAA as well as knowledge of the basic roles, firewall policies, and device hardening;
- Aruba Certified ClearPass Professional (ACCP): This certification proves that you have all the needed skills to design ClearPass for Mobile First Networking. HPE6-A68 is a qualifying test required for this path;
- Aruba Certified Switching Professional (ACSP): This certification validates the skills in operating Aruba campus switching solutions. To get certified, you must take the HPE6-A73 test;
- Aruba Certified Edge Professional (ACEP): This certification is designed for those interested individuals who want to have validation of their skills in performing the processes required for switching, design, mobility, and ClearPass. To earn this certificate, you should hold 3 out of 4 professional-level Aruba certifications, which include ACMP, ACSP, ACDP, and ACCP;
- Aruba Certified Design Expert (ACDX): This certification confirms your expertise in the design of multi-site and complex Aruba wired and wireless solutions with integration of the network management, mobile engagement, and ClearPass. For this path, you have to pass the HPE6-A80 and HPE0-A126P exams;
- Aruba Certified Edge Expert (ACEX): As the expert-level certification, it requires that you already have certain background knowledge. Thus, you should possess an understanding of mobility, ClearPass, and design. To be eligible for it, a potential candidate has to possess 3 out of the Aruba expert-level certificates, such as ACSX, ACCX, ACDX, and ACMX.
To be ready for any of the certification exams, the vendor offers various preparation options. There are a lot of training courses that cover the topics of the tests and other important details that will help you pass the exams you need. Thus, if you want to gain the fundamental knowledge required for the ACMA certificate, you can take the Aruba Mobility Fundamentals course. It is available along with the study guide, which increases your chances of success. To start your knowledge with the Network Security sector, it is recommended to go for the Aruba Network Security Fundamentals training course. There are also such courses as Implementing Aruba ClearPass, Aruba ClearPass Essentials, Implementing ArubaOS-CX Switching, and more. Some of them are available with the guides as well.
There are 4 certification paths that you can go for and they include the following:
- HPE Master ASE – Advanced Server Solutions Architect V3: This certification confirms your knowledge of designing, deploying, and differentiating the processes required for cutting-edge enterprise server solutions. To obtain it, a potential candidate should possess one of the other certificates from the Servers track and pass the HPE0-S22 exam;
- HPE ASE – Server Solutions Architect V4: You must show your level of expertise in recommending, planning, and designing the server solutions based on HPE Apollo, Synergy, and HPE BladeSystem composable infrastructure solutions. To prove these skills, it is required to have the HPE ATP – Hybrid IT Solutions V2 certification and pass the HPE0-S54 exam along with the HPE2-T36 test;
- HPE Master ASE – Compute Solutions V1: For this certification, you need to be able to plan and develop the advanced HPE compute solutions that are based on the advanced computing technologies & workloads of the industry. To validate these skills, you have to complete the HPE1-H02 exam along with HPE0-V13, HPE0-V12, HPE0-V17, HPE0-V16, HPE0-V20, or HPE0-V19;
- HPE ASE – Composable Infrastructure Integrator V10: To obtain this certification, you should possess HPE ATP – Hybrid IT Solutions V2 and pass two exams The tests include HPE0-S58 and HPE2-T36. Thus, you will be able to prove your knowledge of HPE compute solutions.
This track also includes various training courses offered for the candidates interested in the covered paths. You can go for the following options:
- Architecting Advanced HPE Server Solutions;
- Designing HPE Server Solutions;
- Using HPE OneView;
- Implementing HPE Composable Infrastructure Solutions;
- Advanced HPE Compute Solutions;
- Designing HPE Software-Defined Infrastructure Solutions;
- Creating HPE Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Solutions;
- Creating HPE Real-Time Analytics Solutions with SAP HANA.
This track includes only two certifications that you can go for and they are HPE Product Certified – Containers as well as HPE Product Certified – OneView. Both of them don’t require fulfilling any requirements and come with one exam each. For the first certificate, you need to pass the HPE2-N68 test to validate your skills in configuring HPE Ezmeral Container Platform solutions. As for the second option, you should be able to work with HPE OneView converged infrastructure management solutions to ace the HPE2-T36 exam.
Each path offers a training course for the interested individuals who want to enhance their knowledge. They are known as Using HPE Containers and HPE Product Certified – OneView. Please also note that the HPE courses are available in different formats, including virtual instructor-led training and instructor-led classroom training.
This is the last available track from the Technical category that contains 3 following paths:
- HPE Master ASE – Storage Solutions Architect V3: You need to have HPE ASE – Storage Solutions V4 or HPE ASE – Hybrid IT Solutions Architect V1 and pass the HPE0-J58 exam to get this certification;
- HPE ASE – Storage Solutions V4: If you hold HPE ATP – Hybrid IT Solutions V2, you can take HPE0-J68 along with HPE2-T36 or HPE2-K45 and earn this certification;
- HPE Product Certified – Nimble Solutions: This certification requires that you pass the HPE2-K42 test only.
The most popular preparation resources for this track are the following training courses:
- Designing Multi-Site HPE Storage Solutions;
- Using HPE SimpliVity Solutions;
- HPE Storage Solutions;
- Designing HPE Nimble Solutions.
There are also study guides that you can use together with the courses to learn the details with great deliberation. If you want, you can also add some other prep options such as practice tests if you have them.
III. Workload Solutions Certifications
This is another category of the HP certification program, but it is not so much popular among the IT specialists. You need to know that there are 7 certificates, each covering certain products and sectors. They include various solutions connected to Scale Out Storage, Data Protection, Hybrid Cloud, Real-Time Analytics, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, GreenLake, and Software-Defined Infrastructure. Each of the options can be completed after passing the required exams and a list of various courses is available for utilizing.
Obtaining one of the certificates from the HP certification program is proof of your knowledge and skills. This means that after getting certified and adding any certificate to your resume, you will be able to earn more career benefits. Thus, you can become a Technical Support Specialist, a Software Engineer, a Delivery Manager, a Product Manager, or a Software Developer. As for the average salary that you can get, you can expect about $108,894 per annum. The exact income will depend on your role and the tasks you perform.