About CompTIA CySA+ Certification
The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification is developed to equip the professionals with the skills required for preventing, defining, and combatting cybersecurity threats via continuous security monitoring of devices and networks. In particular, this certificate demonstrates the ability of a successful candidate to make use of threat detection & intelligence techniques, evaluate and interpret data, determine and respond to vulnerabilities, propose preventative measures, as well as effectively address and recover from cybersecurity incidents. To obtain the certification, the applicants are required to pass a single exam, CompTIA CS0-002.
The CompTIA CySA+ certification is designed for those individuals who are seeking to establish a career in the cybersecurity analyst domain. The target candidates are recommended to hold the valid Security+, Network+, or equivalent certificate. Besides that, they need to possess at least 4 years of practical experience in the information security field or related expertise. Apart from that, the applicants must develop competency in the CompTIA CS0-002 exam topics.
The CompTIA CS0-002 certification test contains a maximum of 85 questions. The exam items are delivered in the multiple-choice and performance-based formats. The students are given a total of 165 minutes to respond to the questions. Registration for this test is done through the Pearson VUE platform and required paying the fee of $370. The candidates can opt for online testing or sit for this exam at one of the Pearson VUE testing centers that are located around the globe. It is available in the English and Japanese languages.
To pass the CompTIA CS0-002 exam, one needs to score at least 750 points on a scale of 100-900. To achieve such a result, the candidates must devote ample time to their preparation. The official platform offers a variety of training tools to help them build the required knowledge base for the certification test. CertMaster Learn for CySA+ is a comprehensive eLearning solution that enables the prospective examinees to learn at their own pace. This self-paced preparation option comprises instructional lessons, videos, practice questions, as well as performance-based questions. CertMaster Practice for CySA+, in its turn, helps the students boost their confidence through the continuous assessment of their knowledge. CompTIA Labs for CySA+ helps the learners develop the required hands-on skills with the help of access to real software & equipment environments.
There is also dedicated video training created by CompTIA in cooperation with its partner, partner ITProTV. The recorded lectures delivered under the guidance of the CySA+ experts allow the students to get insight into the exam objectives in the easy-to-follow talk show format. If you prefer studying with textbooks, you can take advantage of a traditional study guide for the CompTIA CySA+ certification test.
All of the above-mentioned preparation options can be found on the CompTIA website. The applicants can purchase them separately or as a bundle. Moreover, the students are free to refer to other online learning platforms for additional study materials. However, before using third-party resources, it is recommended to look through the reviews to make sure that this is a reputable site that offers authentic tools.
The content of the CompTIA CS0-002 certification exam revolves around 5 topics covering the specific knowledge and skills of the candidates. It is advised that the applicants download a full document of the objectives from the official webpage. The review of these topics will help you establish a study plan and pick up the relevant preparation resources. The domains that constitute the structure of the test are briefly described below:
Vulnerability & Threat Management – 22%
- Understanding the significance of intelligence & threat data;
- Leveraging threat intelligence to support the security of an enterprise in compliance with a specific scenario;
- Executing vulnerability management operations in compliance with a specific scenario;
- Assessing the output from common vulnerability evaluation tools in compliance with a specific scenario;
- Understanding threats & vulnerabilities related to specialized technology;
- Understanding threats & vulnerabilities related to the operation within Cloud;
- Applying controls to mitigate attacks as well as software vulnerabilities in compliance with a specific scenario.
Systems & Software Security – 18%
- Implementing security solutions for infrastructure management in compliance with a specific scenario;
- Understanding best practices of software assurance;
- Understanding best practices of hardware assurance.
Security Monitoring & Operations – 25%
- Applying configuration changes to current controls to enhance security in compliance with a specific scenario;
- Understanding the role of proactive threat hunting;
- Analyzing data as part of security monitoring operations in compliance with a specific scenario;
- Comparing & contrasting automation technologies as well as concepts.
Incident Response – 22%
- Understanding the significance of the incident response procedure;
- Implementing the proper incident response procedure in compliance with a specific scenario;
- Analyzing possible indicators of compromise in accordance with a specific incident;
- Leveraging primary digital forensics techniques in compliance with a specific scenario.
Compliance & Assessment – 13%
- Understanding the significance of data protection & privacy;
- Implementing the security concepts to support the mitigation of an organizational risk in compliance with a specific scenario;
- Describing the significance of frameworks, procedures, policies, and controls.
The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst certification serves as proof that you have mastered the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully perform the Cybersecurity Analyst role. CompTIA CySA+ is the industry standard for establishing a career in the information security field and one of the most preferred qualifying certificates for the intermediate-level cybersecurity professionals. After getting certified, the candidates can explore a variety of employment opportunities. Some of the job roles that the certified individuals can consider include: a Security Analyst, a Security Engineer, a Threat Intelligence Analyst, a Compliance Analyst, an Application Security Analyst, and a Threat Hunter, among many others. The average salary for these titles amounts to $95,510 per year. However, your real remuneration will depend on a variety of factors, including the level of your experience in the industry, your location, the type of company you are going to work for, and so on.