About Citrix 1Y0-204 Exam
The Citrix 1Y0-204 exam measures a variety of skills, including site deployment, site management, management of printing for user sessions, and site monitoring. It also evaluates the understanding of the candidates of Published app and desktop presentation & management as well as Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops basic security considerations.
This test is aimed at the professionals looking to obtain the CCA-V (Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization) certification. It validates the knowledge and skills of the administrators and IT operators in installing, managing, and configuring highly available environments. These environments consist of Virtual Apps & Desktops Delivery Controllers, StoreFront Citrix Workspace app, Cloud Connectors, Studio, Director, and Profile Management domiciling in Citrix Cloud or on-premises.
The potential candidates for this certification exam should have the mid-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows Service, basic knowledge of AD, and administration skills. They should also have product experience in Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops 7 or newer, Citric Workspace pap, as well as StoreFront, Citric Gateway 12 or newer, and Citrix Profile Management.
Citrix 1Y0-204 is a 90-minute test containing 65 questions. The exam can only be administered in English, so the non-native English speakers taking this test in other countries will have additional 30 minutes. If you want to pass this exam on the first try, you must achieve the passing score of 62%. Those individuals who do not attain this pass mark should wait 24 hours from the first attempt to register and retake their test. The registration process should be done through Pearson VUE, and the applicants can take the exam at any testing centers across the world. Please note that you must wait for 14 days after the second attempt to retake the test.
To prepare for the Citrix 1Y0-204 exam, the vendor offers some training options. First of all, the provider recommends that the candidates possess some practical experience by gaining it with the help of the training course, known as Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops 7. It also recommends the formal course, which is CWS-215: Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises & in Citrix Cloud. It can be taken as self-study or as an instructor-led training option. Citrix also advises that the students develop practical experience working with the products that are covered in the test.
Before attempting any certification test, the interested individuals must gain mastery of the exam topics to be able to answer the questions. Thus, you need to learn all the details and check if you have all the required skills to get the certificate. To deal with the Citrix 1Y0-204 test with flying colors, you should cover the following topics:
Architecture Overview – You should have the relevant skills in identifying the layers within the layered architecture approach to Virtual Apps & Desktops and establishing the relevant hosting platform according to the requirements.
Site Deployment – Here, you are required to know how to perform the following processes:
- Identify the requirements for a given environment before deployment;
- Determine the configuration process for Citrix Licensing;
- Understand the installation and configuration processes for the Delivery Controller;
- Determine the configuration process for a Site based on the requirements list.
Desktops Images & Apps – This objective evaluates your ability to determine the requirements within a certain environment for the specific master images.
Provisioning & Delivering Desktop & App Resources – As for this topic, it is important to learn the following details:
- Management of Machine Catalogs & Delivery Groups;
- Deployment process for machines with the use of Machine Creation Services;
- The behavioral pattern of various machine types provisioned with the use of Machine Creation Services;
- Configuration of the resource location for the given environments.
Providing Access to Desktop & App Resources – The ideas covered in this domain include the following:
- Determining the implementation process for the specified authentication methods;
- Determining the implementation process of Workspace Experience User Authentication;
- Establishing the communication flow during the delivery of a desktop or app to the users.
User Experience Management – In this section, the individuals will have to answer the questions about the configuration process for the Citrix policies, relevant policy priority, and relevant user experience settings for the achievement of a particular outcome.
Published Desktop & App Presentation & Management – This subject area will measure your skills in determining the following:
- The specific application properties to utilize in Delivery Groups;
- The optimization process for the Server OS published applications;
- The application presentation process for the users according to a given scenario;
- The configuration process for the application group.
Printing for User Sessions Management – To have a successful overall score, you need to know about the relevant printer mapping, relevant printer drivers, as well as printing prerequisites for the given scenarios.
Citrix Profile Management – The next part evaluates your understanding of the following:
- The configuration process for Citrix Profile Management;
- The process of delegating permissions to other administrators;
- The usage process for PowerShell in querying information within the Site;
- The relevant power management decisions for the given environments.
Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops Basic Security Considerations – In the framework of this module, the test takers are required to learn the following details:
- Determining the process of configuring the basic network security for the Virtual Apps & Desktops elements;
- Determining the process of allowing XML Service Trust for the specific authentication types;
- Determining the process of securing the remote access with the use of Gateway & Secure Ticket Authority.
Monitoring the Site – The potential candidates should understand how to perform the following processes:
- Monitoring the user’s sessions based on the specific requirements;
- Analyzing the published apps within a given environment;
- Monitoring machines that run the Virtual Delivery Agent;
- Configuring notifications & alerts;
- Understanding the usage pattern of Citrix ADM for optimizing monitoring through the Citrix Director.
Troubleshooting & Supporting Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops – To be able to deal with this topic, one needs to know about the proper tools utilized for troubleshooting specific issues. Also, it is important to have knowledge of different ways to proactively support the common tasks within an environment.
Migrating to Citrix Cloud – The last section covers the following subtopics:
- Determine the process of migrating catalogs & policies within a given environment;
- Determine the process of maintaining or deploying the Citrix Cloud Connector;
- Determine the process of configuring Virtual Apps & Desktops with a specific on-premises resource location;
- Determine the specific migration process to utilize for a specific scenario.
Potential Career Paths
The CCA-V certification is an associate-level option, so it is ideal for the entry-level professionals and individuals who want to change their career paths. Passing the exam from this track and getting certified will give you a competitive edge in the job market. Some of the job roles that the certified specialists can explore include Application Administrators, Desktop Administrators, Citrix Administrators, and Systems Administrators. With these positions, you can earn an average of $76,000 per annum.