About Citrix 1Y0-312 Exam
The Citrix 1Y0-312 exam focuses on specific topics that are very critical to the management and support of Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops 7 within the Citrix Cloud or on-premises environments. The candidates for this certification test are interested in expanding their competency in Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops to an advanced level. The exam covers a range of areas that the applicants must understand before attempting it. The target audience for this test is the individuals performing the Systems Administrator role.
Citrix recommends that the students have an understanding of how Domain Services, AD Certificate Services, Dynamics Host Configuration Protocol, Domain Name System, NTFS Permissions, and Group Policy Objects integrate with Citrix technologies. The test takers should also possess knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS, SQL 2012 R2 & newer, hypervisors, Microsoft licensing, and general networking skills.
This certification exam contains 71 multiple-choice questions. Some of these questions are unscored, which means that they do not contribute to the total score of the candidates. These exam questions are included for research purposes. The time limit for the completion of this Citrix test is 90 minutes. The non-native speakers of English taking this exam in a foreign country may be given the additional 30 minutes. The individuals are required to achieve the passing score of 64% to obtain the associated certificate, which is CCP-V (Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization).
To register for this Citrix test, the applicants must go through Pearson VUE, the official administrator of all the certification exams of this vendor. To prepare for the 1Y0-312 test, Citrix recommends the official training course, CW-315: Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops 7 Advanced Administration. It is delivered as an instructor-led virtual class but the candidates can also opt to take it as a self-study option. The course is designed to equip the learners with the practical experience required to work with Citrix Virtual Apps Desktops 7 Advanced Administration. It is also recommended that they gain practical experience while working directly with the Citrix products that are covered in the exam.
To improve the chance of success in the Citrix 1Y0-312 test, the candidates must develop competence in its topics. It is advised that you start your preparation by reviewing the exam blueprint that can be found on the official website. It has extensive details of the domains as well as links to resources that will help you gain mastery of these topics. The highlights of the subject areas covered in the 1Y0-312 test are specified below:
- Determine the appropriateness of sizing and number of the Citrix StoreFront elements for a production scenario;
- Determine the appropriateness of sizing and number of the Citrix Gateway elements for a production scenario;
- Determine the effectiveness of sizing and number of the machine hosting HDS sessions meeting the requirements of a production scenario.
Management of Virtual Apps & Desktop Environment with Multi-Location
- Determine the way an FMA Zone architecture can be utilized within an environment with multiple resource locations;
- Determine the process of managing and configuring VDA Registration with a multi-zone scenario;
- Determine how to utilize zone preference settings;
- Determine the process of configuring Optimal Gateway Routing within a production scenario;
- Determine the process of configuring Subscription Store synchronization for given environments.
Backups & Disaster Recovery Implementation
- Determine how to carry out backups of core data & components within a Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops scenario;
- Determine the process of translating the prerequisites from a disaster recovery plan to an action plan within the Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops scenario.
Implementation of Advanced Authentication Methods
- Determine how to use one-time passwords with RADIUS authentication within a Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops scenario;
- Determine the process of implementing smart card authentication, ADFS & SAML authentication within a Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops scenario.
App & Data Security Improvement
- Determine how to manage user assignments to prevent jailbreak attack;
- Determine how to reduce the effect of attacks.
Securing of Machines Running Virtual Delivery Agent
- Determine how to use TLS to encrypt VDA communications and use Image Management to boost OS security;
- Determine how to utilize Citrix Policies & GPOs to lock down the machines running VDAs.
- Determine how to utilize various tools to perform troubleshooting of a Citric Virtual Apps & Desktops scenario;
- Determine how to utilize common PowerShell Commands to extract information on Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops scenarios;
- Determine the process of troubleshooting the StoreFront issues for the given scenarios;
- Determine the process of troubleshooting the Citrix Gateway issues for the given scenarios;
- Determine the process of validating FMA services & SQL connection health within a Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops scenario;
- Determine the process of troubleshooting the VDA registration concerns for the given scenarios;
- Determine the process of troubleshooting the basic HDX connection issues for the specific scenarios.
App Layering & Creating Layers
- Determine how the App layering elements communicate;
- Determine the process of creating OS Layer, Platform Layer, App Layer, Elastic App Layer, User Layers, and App Layering templates;
- Determine how the image deployment of Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops changes when utilizing the Citrix App Layering.
Exploration of Layer Priority & Maintenance of App Layering Environments
- Determine how the layer priority impact the composition of the layered images;
- Determine the process of updating layer types;
- Determine how to update & maintain the App Layering environments;
- Determine suppementary App Layering considerations & how to find additional information when needed.
Administration of Workspace Environment Management
- Determine the process of deploying the components of a WEM solution;
- Determine the process of performing general administration of WEM within a specific scenario.
Utilization of WEM for Centralizing Environment Management to Optimize Performance & Environments
- Determine the process of managing user resources with WEM within a given environment;
- Determine the process of managing user profiles with WEM within a given environment;
- Determine how to utilize different WEM Transformer attributes within a given environment;
- Determine the process of optimizing machine performance with WEM;
- Determine how WEM optimize user logon times;
- Determine how to utilize WEM to boost Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops environment security.
Migration & Update of WEM
- Determine the process of migrating the user environment management to WEM within a given environment;
- Determine the process of upgrading a WEM deployment within a given environment;
- Determine the process of the redundancy implementation within a WEM deployment.
Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V) is a professional-level certification awarded after completing the Citrix 1Y0-312 exam, and with it, the candidates can explore different career paths. Some of the job roles that are associated with this certificate include a Desktop Virtualization Engineer, a Desktop Virtualization Consultant, a Citrix Partner, a Citrix Engineer, and a Systems Administrator. The average salary for these titles is $102,000 per year.