About VMware 2V0-21.20 Exam
The Professional VMware vSphere 7.x (2V0-21.20) exam is created to evaluate the knowledge and skills of the candidates in implementing, troubleshooting, and managing VMware vSphere 7 infrastructure. These include VMware vCenter Server 7 and VMware ESXi. This test leads to the achievement of the VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization 2021 (VCP-DCV 2021) certification.
The candidates for this certification exam usually perform the job role of an Administrator. They have from six to twelve months of practice experience in implementing, troubleshooting, and managing VMware vSphere 7 infrastructure. They are also capable of performing the administration and deployment of virtual infrastructures with the use of vSphere. In addition, these specialists possess a working knowledge of networking, storage, security, hardware, disaster recovery concepts, as well as business continuity. The 2V0-21.20 test does not have any official prerequisites. However, the applicants must gain practical experience in the exam topics before attempting it.
The VMware 2V0-21.20 exam is a proctored test and registration for it is done through Pearson VUE. You can visit this website for the details of the registration process. The exam contains 70 questions covering the multiple-choice and single-choice formats. The timeframe allowed for the completion of the questions is 130 minutes, including the seating time. The test can only be written in English. The students have to pay the fee of $250 to schedule their exam.
To pass this test and obtain the professional-level certificate, the candidates must attain the minimum passing score of 300 points out of 500. VMware recommends that the applicants use the official resources to prepare for the 2V0-21.20 exam. This test has two training courses designed for it, and namely VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, & Manage as well as VMware vSphere: Optimize & Scale. These options are developed based on the topics of the certification test and strive to equip the learners with the required skills and knowledge to achieve success in the exam. Moreover, the candidates can explore the additional tools available on the vendor’s site.
There are numerous alternative platforms that the students can check out for their preparation. They should invest some time into taking practice tests as they help them improve their time management and test-taking skills using a simulated exam environment.
The VMware 2V0-21.20 exam covers seven broad objectives. Although the entire areas may not be included in the delivery of your test, it is recommended that you understand every aspect of these topics. We recommend that you go through the exam blueprint before you start your preparation to know the specific domains to cover while you study. The highlights of these sections are enumerated below:
Architecture & Technologies
- Identify the requirements and elements of the vSphere implementation;
- Explain the vCenter Server topology;
- Identify & distinguish storage access protocols for vSphere, including NFS, SAN, and iSCSi, among others. This topic requires that the candidates have the competence in describing the types of storage datastore for vSphere. It also requires their skills in describing the significance of advanced storage configuration, which includes vSphere Storage APIs for Storage Awareness and vSphere Storage APIs Array Integration, among others. The test takers also require the expertise in explaining the storage policies as well as basic concepts of storage in vSAN, vSphere Virtual Volumes, and K8s.
- Differentiate between vSphere Storage I/O Control and vSphere Network I/O Control;
- Explain the architecture of instance clone and use cases;
- Explain the concepts of the ESXi cluster, including Distributed Resource Scheduler, vSphere Enhanced vMotion Compatibility, vSphere High Availability, and data store as well as how DRS (Distributed Resource Scheduler) score the virtual machines.
- Identify the vSphere distributed switch & vSphere standard switch abilities. This includes one’s skills in explaining VMkernel networking; managing networking on multi-host with the vSphere distributed switch; explain networking policies; managing Network I/O Control on the vSphere distributed switch.
- Explain the concepts of vSphere Lifecycle Manager, including cluster images and baselines.
- Explain the fundamentals of vSAN as the primary storage. This covers your skills in identifying the fundamental vSAN requirements.
- Explain the architecture of vSphere Trust Authority;
- Describe Software Guard Extensions.
VMware Products & Solutions
- Explain the role of vSphere within the software-defined data center;
- Identify the use cases for vCloud Foundation;
- Identify the options for migration;
- Identify the use cases for DR;
- Explain the integration of vSphere with VMware Skyline.
Planning & Designing
- There are currently no testable objectives for this domain.
Installing, Configuring, & Setup
- Explain the SSO deployment topology, including configuring and joining the existing SSO domain;
- Configure the VSS advanced options of virtual networking;
- Set up identity sources;
- Deploy & configure vSphere Server Appliance;
- Create & configure the VMware High Availability & advanced options;
- Deploy & configure vCenter Server High Availability;
- Set up the content library;
- Configure the vCenter Server file-based backup;
- Analyze the standard log output from vSphere products;
- Configure vSphere Trust Authority;
- Configure the vSphere certificates;
- Configure vSphere Lifecycle Manager and VMware Update Manager;
- Securely boost ESXi hosts;
- Configure Host Profiles & different network stacks;
- Identify the options for boot.
Performance-Tuning, Upgrades & Optimization
- Identify the use cases for resource pools;
- Monitor the resources of the vCenter Server Appliance & vSphere environments;
- Identity & utilize tools to perform monitoring;
- Configure Network I/O Control and Storage I/O Control;
- Describe the impact of performance in maintaining virtual machine snapshots;
- Plan for the upgrade of different vSphere components.
Troubleshooting & Repairing
- There are currently no testable objectives for this domain.
Administrative & Operational Tasks
- Create & manage virtual machine snapshots;
- Design virtual machines with different methods;
- Manage the virtual machine and storage;
- Create DRS affinity & anti-affinity rules for the basic use cases;
- Configure & perform various migration types and role-based user management;
- Configure & manage the options for vSphere environment security;
- Configure & manage host profiles;
- Use baselines to carry out upgrades & updates;
- Use vSphere Lifecycle Manager;
- Configure alarms.
Those professionals who pass the VMware 2V0-21.20 exam and obtain the associated certification, VCP-DCV 2021, can explore a wide range of career opportunities. Some of the job titles that are aligned with this certificate include a Senior Systems Engineer, a Systems Administrator, an Information Technology Manager, a Senior Systems Administrator, and a Systems Engineer. The average salary for these roles is around $92,000 per annum.