About VMware 2V0-31.20 Exam
The VMware 2V0-31.20 exam evaluates the knowledge and skills of the candidates in installing, administering, and configuring the VMware vRealize environment. The individuals who pass this test are awarded the VMware Certified Professional – Cloud Management & Automation 2021 certificate.
The target candidates for the exam are the administrators with six to twelve months of practical experience in installing & configuring vRealize Automation. The potential applicants for this certification test can perform standard deployments of vRealize Automation and management processes with the use of the Lifecycle Manager. They also have the ability to troubleshoot a vRealize Automation 8.1 solution. They possesses a good understanding of the fundamental concepts of Cloud, including private, public, and hybrid, as well as storage, multi-tenancy, security, and networking. These professionals have practical knowledge of different components, such as Cloud Assembly Services, Code Stream, vRealize Orchestrator, and Service Broker. This VMware exam does not have any official requirements. However, the students must develop competence in its topics and gain mastery of all the needed aspects.
VMware 2V0-31.20 is a certification exam consisting of 70 questions. You will have 140 minutes to complete these questions, including a 5-minute seating time. It is available in the English language, so the non-native English speakers taking this test will be given adequate time to complete it. You must achieve the passing score of 300 points to earn the associated certificate.
This is a proctored delivered exam that is administered through Pearson VUE. The applicants can schedule it at any of the testing centers across the world. If you do not attain the passing score, you can register to retake the exam after 24 hours of the first attempt. Every other try requires that you wait a minimum of 14 days to register and retake the test.
To improve your current knowledge base, VMware recommends the training course, which is known as VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure & Administer [V8] for your preparation process. This course covers the scope of the exam objectives and equips you with the prerequisite practical skills to ace the test and also deliver in a real-world work environment. Also, the candidates should take the time to go through mock exams to understand the pattern of the questions that will be administered during the actual test.
To get started with your preparation, it is recommended to begin with going through the exam topics. You can download the blueprint from the official website. The VMware 2V0-31.20 test covers seven different domains. Each of them highlights the skills that will be measured. It is essential to mention that some of these sections do not have any testable objectives. This means that you can ignore them during your preparation. The details of the topics are enumerated below:
Architecture & Technologies – This area is all about the following details:
- Explain vRealize Automation architecture;
- Distinguish vRealize Automation Cloud from vRealize Automation;
- Explain different services provided through vRealize Automation.
VMware Solutions & Products – This domain does not have any testable objectives at the moment.
Planning & Designing – This section does not have the testable objectives as well.
Installing, Configuring, and Setup – As for this part, it will evaluate the following skills:
- Explain different kinds of deployments for vRealize Automation;
- Prepare the requirements for the installation;
- Carry out an essential deployment with the use of vRealize Easy-Installer;
- Use Quickstart for vRealize Automation configuration;
- Carry out the manual installation with the use of Lifecycle Manager;
- Configure sources identity;
- Configure the management of identity & access;
- Set up the Cloud account;
- Insert Cloud zones, products, and image mappings;
- Insert flavor mappings, network profiles, and storage profiles;
- Explain various out-of-the-box integrations that are available in vRealize Automation;
- Incorporate vRealize Automation with vRealize operations;
- Explain Onboarding processes;
- Explain extensibility that is action-based;
- Explain various tag types within vRealize Automation;
- Configure multi-tenancy and capability tags.
Performance-Tuning, Upgrades, and Optimization – There are no testable objectives here.
Troubleshooting & Repairing – This topic comes with the following details:
- Collect the log bundles;
- Explain the vracli command alternatives;
- Explain the kubectl command alternatives;
- Troubleshoot the configuration errors for vRealize Automation;
- Troubleshoot the provisioning errors;
- Explain the deployments;
- Monitor the execution of vRealize orchestrator workflow.
Operational & Administrative Tasks – The last objective evaluates the following knowledge areas:
- Administer the management of identity & access tab, Cloud accounts & zones, image & flavor mappings, capability & constraint tags, as well as storage & network profiles;
- Create & administer blueprints;
- Develop & administer blueprint versions;
- Administer subscription and extensibility;
- Deploy the catalog items;
- Administer the deployments;
- Explain the Kubernetes clusters;
- Adapt the deployment with the use of Cloud-init & CloudConfig;
- Create the content sources for the service broker;
- Configure the content sharing;
- Develop & administer the custom forms;
- Administer the policies;
- Administer notifications.
Future Career Path
Earning a VMware certification gives you a competitive edge in the IT industry. If you are looking to grow your career in the sector, it is recommended that you get a couple of certificates to demonstrate to the potential employers that you have what is required to deliver in the workplace. The professionals who pass the VMware 2V0-31.20 test qualify for the VCP-CMA 2021 certification. With this sought-after option, they can explore a range of career paths. Some of the job roles that they can take up include a VMware Engineer, a Systems Administrator, an Operational Technologist, a Senior VMware Engineer, a Senior Server Engineer, a VMware Administrator, and a Virtualization & Data Center Engineer. The average annual salary depends on your position and other factors and can be from $42,571 to $87,000.