About VMware 2V0-41.20 Exam
This certification exam measures the knowledge and competence of the interested candidates in installing, setting up, configuring, performing, and maintaining basic troubleshooting of the software-defined networks according to NSF-T 3.0 Data Center of VMware. This qualifying test leads to the VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization 2021 certificate.
Those individuals who pass VMware 2V0-41.20 validates that they can transform the economics of security and network operations for their organization. The associated certificate confirms that the specialists have the ability required to install, administer, and configure the implementations of NSX virtual networking, irrespective of the fundamental physical architecture.
The potential candidates for this certification exam are the IT professionals with at least six months of practical experience in the installation, troubleshooting, configuration, and management of NSX-T Data Center 3.0 solutions. These professionals know the functions, architecture, and features of NSX-T. It is recommended that they have a minimum of six months of experience with KVM and Linux. Additionally, they should have one year of practical experience with VMware vSphere as well as its command line. VMware 2V0-41.20 does not have any official prerequisites, but you must gain mastery of the topics before attempting the test.
VMware 2V0-41.20 is a 135-minute test containing about 70 multiple-choice and single-answer questions. The exam is delivered in the English language only, but the applicants who are not the native speakers will be given the additional time for the completion of the test. You must achieve the pass mark of 300 points to qualify for the professional-level certification. The individuals who do not meet the passing score will be required to retake the exam and pay a new fee.
To register for the test, the candidates must pay the fee of $250, which is for a single administration of the exam. It is a proctored delivered option that is administered at any of the Pearson VUE testing centers across the world. The students can find the registration and scheduling details on the official website. Those individuals who do not succeed the first time can register and retake the exam after 24 hours. Any further attempt requires that they wait for a minimum of 14 days.
To increase your chances and succeed on your first try, VMware recommends the VMware NSX-T DC: Install, Configure, & Manage training course to prepare for the 2V0-41.20 test. With its help, you can cover all the topics and get all the needed skills. There are also other online platforms that offer various courses to help you gain mastery of the exam topics. You can choose the options you want to improve your knowledge.
When preparing for the test, it is also recommended to download the exam blueprint to find the details of its topics. Additionally, the syllabus will also allow you to review the official practice questions incorporated into it. It is a fact that practice tests can significantly improve the performance of the candidates in the actual exam. This is because they can evaluate their knowledge gaps and work on them while preparing for the test.
This VMware certification exam evaluates your skills and knowledge in specific technical tasks. The interested candidates must gain mastery of these tasks before attempting the test. Thus, the topics that are covered in VMware 2V0-41.20 are enumerated below:
VMware vSphere Technologies & Architectures – This area does not have any testable objectives.
VMware Solutions & Products – This topic will measure the following skills:
- Expatiating the specifics of the VMware virtual Cloud network vision;
- Summarizing the solutions available in the NSX portfolio;
- Highlighting the use cases associated with the data center;
- Describing the features and value proposition of NSX;
- Establishing the virtual and physical infrastructure prerequisites;
- Expatiating architecture & component subsystems;
- Distinguishing the functionalities of consumption planes, DP, CCP, and MP;
- Expatiating terminology & network services;
- Expatiating the features and architecture of Logical Switching & Routing;
- Describing the features and architecture of Edge;
- Describing the security features and architecture;
- Establishing the supported integration platforms, including private Cloud, containers, public Cloud, 3rd party tools, hybrid Cloud, and DevOps tools.
Plan & Design – There are no testable objectives as well.
Install, Configure, & Setup – As for this domain, you will need to learn the following details:
- Summarization of the preparation and installation workflow;
- Configuration and deployment of the environment;
- Configuration of hypervisor networking;
- Management and configuration of the features of logical routing & switching;
- Configuration of the Edge cluster as well as NSX-T Edge nodes;
- Configuration of the network services & security features;
- Configuration with service insertion.
Performance-Tuning and Optimizing – This section has no testable objectives, so keep this fact in mind.
Troubleshoot & Repair – This module is all about the following:
- Compare & contrast different tools available to troubleshoot;
- Troubleshoot the common installation and configuration issues;
- Troubleshoot the common component issues;
- Troubleshoot the standard connectivity issues;
- Troubleshoot the common issues with physical infrastructure.
Operational & Administrative Tasks – The last part covers the following skills, which you should possess:
- Highlighting the operations tasks, including backup and restore, Syslog, and so on;
- Configuring the permissions and roles for the environment;
- Generating the log bundles;
- Supervising the implementation of the data center.
There are numerous career advantages that the certified professionals can explore in the field of IT with this exam and certification. Some of the job roles that the successful individuals can take up with the VCP-NV 2021 certificate include a Senior Systems Engineer, a Systems Administrator, an Information Technology Manager, a Senior Systems Engineer, a Systems Engineer, and a Senior Systems Administrator. The average salary for this path will depend on your position, level of experience, as well as the recruiting organization. For the mid-level roles, the specialists can earn an average annual salary of $84,000. However, any senior title can offer you an average of $110,000 per year.