About Microsoft 98-383 Exam
The Microsoft 98-383 exam is created to measure the expertise of the applicants in identifying and writing syntactically correct HTML and CSS. It also evaluates their skills in structuring data with HTML elements as well as creating & applying styles with the use of CSS. It is recommended that the candidates for this test have a minimum of 100 hours of practical experience or instruction with CSS and HTML. They should also be conversant with their capabilities and features. Additionally, the students need to have a good understanding of how to debug, write, and maintain well-formed CSS and HTML code. Passing this exam leads to the MTA: Introduction to Programming Using HTML and CSS certification.
The Microsoft 98-383 test contains between 40 and 60 questions of different types. The professionals can sit for the exam in the English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish, German, and French languages. The regular fee is $127. The individuals can register for this certification test through Certiport or Pearson VUE. The exam can be taken at one of the Pearson VUE testing centers or as an online exam. Those learners who don’t ace this test will be required to retake it. In this case, they have to wait for at least 24 hours to retake. Any attempt after the second one requires that they wait for a minimum of fourteen business days to be able to take the exam again.
Microsoft does not offer any instructor-led training or learning path for this exam. The specialists can try to find preparation resources on various third-party websites. Moreover, they can think about utilizing practice tests and exam dumps. They are pretty useful tools to get acquainted with question patterns. In addition, the individuals can use them to hone their skills that are required for this test. At the same time, it is important to be sure to utilize these effective materials from repeatable platforms.
Preparation for this certification test requires that the candidates develop their understanding of its domains. It is crucial to start your study process from the exam blueprint, which contains important information about the topics that are covered in Microsoft 98-383. The highlights of its subject areas are enumerated as follows:
Understanding HTML Fundamentals: The first module evaluates the skills of the applicants in the following:
- Constructing markup, which utilizes metadata elements: It requires a comprehension of the non-script, script, link, style, and meta tags, such as keywords, translate, viewport, and encoding.
- Constructing well-formed markup, which conforms to industry best practices: It covers an understanding of HTML, DOCTYPE declaration, body, head, and proper syntax such as commonly used symbols and closing tags as well as comments.
Understanding CSS Fundamentals: The next part measures the expertise of the test takers in:
- Analyzing the impact of utilizing inline styles, internal style sheets, and external style sheets: It requires a comprehension of when to utilize inline styles, internal style sheets, and external style sheets. It also covers an understanding of the precedence when utilizing the combination of style sheets and inline styles.
- Constructing and analyzing rule sets: It includes an understanding of selectors, which include id, class, pseudo-class, and elements as well as the valid syntax for the ruleset of CSS.
- Constructing well-formed style sheets, which conform to industry best practices: It covers the competence in reusing rules & rule sets, testing on different browsers, and commenting.
Structuring Documents Utilizing HTML: As for this section, the examinees should show their proficiency in the following:
- Constructing and analyzing markup to structure content and organize data: It includes table tags, li, ol, ul, span, hr, br, div, p, and hi-h6.
- Constructing and analyzing markup, which utilizes HTML5 semantic elements: It covers an understanding of semantic tags, header, article, nav, footer, aside, caption, figure, summary, and details.
- Constructing and analyzing markup, which implements navigation: It includes image links, bookmark, target, navigating common folder hierarchies, and relative vs. absolute links.
- Constructing and analyzing markup, which utilizes form elements: It covers an understanding of form attributes, method, action, accessibility, submission methods, textarea, output, button, option, fieldset, and datalist.
Presenting Multimedia Utilizing HTML: This subject area assesses the experience of the specialists in:
- Constructing and analyzing markup, which displays image: It requires an understanding of picture and img elements as well as their features.
- Describing the appropriate usage of svg, img, and canvas elements.
- Constructing and analyzing markup, which plays audio and video, including source, track, audio, video, and simple iframe implementations.
Styling Web Pages Utilizing CSS: The last domain requires that the individuals show their competence in the following:
- Constructing and analyzing styles, which position content: It includes positioning, such as float, absolute, relative, overflow, max-width, height, align, and width. It also covers visibility, inline vs. block, and box model, which include padding and margins.
- Constructing and analyzing styles, which format text: It covers an understanding of font-family, font-size, color, font-weight, text formatting, such as text alignment, indentation, and text-decoration, as well as link colors.
- Constructing and analyzing styles, which format backgrounds and borders: It includes border style, border color, backgrounds, colors, divs, and border width.
- Analyzing styles, which implement a simple responsive layout: It covers an understanding of units of measure, templates & frameworks, pixels vs. percentages, max-width, and responsive impacts with CSS, which include media query and viewport.
Those applicants who complete the Microsoft 98-383 exam will obtain the MTA: Introduction to Programming Using HTML and CSS certification. This certificate is aimed at the entry-level professionals who can take up the job roles, such as a Graphic Designer, a Web Developer, a Customer Service Representative, or a Help Desk Technician. The average remuneration for these specialists is $57,000 per annum.