About Checkpoint CCSA R80 Certification
Check Point CCSA or Check Point Certified Security Administrator is a well-known certificate designed to help the IT specialists validate their knowledge of the basic concepts as well as the skills required for the configuration and management of Check Point Security Gateways & Management Software Blades. This is the first path from the certification program of this vendor that you can opt for to start your journey. Having this certificate on your resume proves that you are able to install the R80 management & security gateway in a distributed environment. You will also be able to showcase your skills in evaluating the existing security policies as well as optimize the rule base.
To be eligible for this certification, you need to have the basic knowledge of the networking sector. As for hands-on expertise, a potential candidate should possess at least 6 months of experience with Check Point products. This level of proficiency will prepare you for the performance of the required tasks, including defense against any network threats, management of user access to corporate LANs, as well as implementation of the backup techniques of Check Point.
To get the CCSA R80 certification, you need to pass only one test, which is known as Check Point 156-215.80. This exam will measure your skillset and knowledge base covering various topics of the content. It is important to know that you will have to deal with 90 questions within 90 minutes. To become a perfect applicants for the test, you need to get at least 70% of the overall score. Exam registration will cost you $250 and you will need to have a Pearson VUE account for this process.
Those IT specialists who want to get the Check Point CCSA R80 certificate should be able to pass the qualification exam because it will show their level of preparedness for the real-life issues and situations that they will face with at work. Thus, if you want to be one of the successful candidates, you need to prepare for the test with great deliberation. To help you with this endeavour, the vendor offers the training course that can be taken in various countries all over the world. It is known as Check Point Certified Admin R80.x and lasts for 3 days. It covers all the exam topics and helps you ace the content. It is available as a virtual instructor-led course or physical classroom training and costs $3,000. You can also pay with CLC, also known as Cyber Security Learning Credits, if you have enough of them. The training course is provided in different countries, so if you want to check if it is available near you, it is important to visit the Check Point webpage. There you can select the location and time you prefer and see the details og the Authorized Training Center that offers the course.
When talking about the exam content, it is essential to mention that the better you know the topics of the test, the more points you will gain while answering its questions. Therefore, you should master each section and pay close attention to the details. All in all, the exam includes 9 domains that cover the following objectives:
- Introduction to Check Point Architecture – This area will evaluate your knowledge and skills in installing GUI and identifying the basic functions of Web UI. You should also be able to understand the mechanisms utilized for controlling the network traffic as well as interpret the concept of a firewall;
- Security Policy Management – As for this part of the test, you are required to possess the skills in designing multiple administrators and applying various roles or permissions for the concurrent administration. It is also important to have knowledge of traffic inspection, unified security policy, assistance in managing policy, and Check Point backup techniques;
- Check Point Security Solutions – In this topic, a potential candidate needs to answer the questions related to Check Point security products & solutions. It includes your understanding of the licensing & contract requirements as well as the skills in evaluating these security solutions in regard to threat protection and network access control;
- Traffic Visibility – To be able to deal with the items from this domain, you should know about the comparison of various tools available for viewing traffic. Besides that, you are required to have an understanding of which tools to use, the one designed to monitor data or those that are developed to respond quickly and efficiently to any changes in gateways, traffic flow patterns, tunnels, security activities, or remote users;
- Basic Concepts of VPN – This section is all about configuring and deploying site-to-site VPN, testing VPN connection, and analyzing the tunnel traffic;
- Managing User’s Access – Here an individual needs to know about the management processes required for the access of the internal guests and users. You should be able to evaluate the Identity Awareness connection as well;
- Working with Cluster XL – Having knowledge of the basic concepts of the ClusterXL technology as well as its advantages is what you need to know about this module. As for practical skills, it is vital to have the ability to install ClusterXL with the High Availability configuration;
- Administrator Task Implementation – In this area, the learners have to pay attention to the rule-base performance for policy control and periodic administrator tasks;
- SmartEvent Reports – The last objective covers the details of the reports, which effectively summarize network activity and how to generate them.
After passing the qualification exam with flying colors, you will obtain the certification that changes the life of the successful candidates. It grants the IT professionals the possibility to land a prestigious job and earn more money. If looking at the average annual salary that you can expect from completing this path, you will be able to earn about $101,000. As for the positions that will open before you, they include a Network Security Engineer, a Project Integration Engineer, a Networks Operations Engineer, a TSA Program Manager, and a Technical Analyst.