About Checkpoint CCSE R80 Certification
For those individuals who have already mastered the content of the CCSA certification and obtained the certificate, Check Point offers to continue improving their knowledge of the sector and get the expert-level certification. Check Point Certified Security Expert, also known as Check Point CCSE, is a certificate that you can earn to improve your understanding of Security Gateway and Management Server. It validates your expert-level skills and gives you an opportunity to land a better job and prove your value to a company.
Considering the fact that this is an expert-level path, you should understand that your skills and knowledge base have to be of a more advanced level. To be an ideal candidate for this option, you should hold the CCSA R80 certificate or have the fully completed Security Administration course associated with the mentioned certification. Besides that, the intended applicants need to possess some experience with TCP/IP, UNIX, and Windows Server as well as have the relevant networking skills. Having knowledge of system administration and certificate management is also important for the individuals interested in this path.
If talking about the exam related to this certification, it is important to mention that it is known as Check Point 156-315.80. Knowing the name of the test will help you choose the right details during the registration process. Please note that you will also need to have an account on the Pearson VUE platform and pay $250 for registration.
As for the structure of Check Point 156-315.80, you should know the details that will help you understand what you may expect from the exam. Thus, you need to be ready for 100 questions and be able to complete all of them within 90 minutes. To have your result worth the obtainment of the certificate, you need to gain 70% or more of the passing score. When you are ready to register for the test, you will need $250 and an account on Pearson VUE.
Just like for all other certification paths, Check Point offers the official training course for all the potential candidates who want to gain the required knowledge and pass the qualification test. With the help of the Check Point Certified Expert R80.x course, you will be able to learn how to create events for compliance reporting, manage internal & external access to the corporate resources, as well as practice the advanced upgrading techniques. Please note that you will need to meet the requirements of this certificate to be able to understand the content covered in the course. The training lasts for 3 days, and you will need to pay $3,000 for registration. It is available for taking all over the world and you can check if it is possible to go for it in your country on the official website. Some of the courses require your physical presence in the classroom at a certain time, while other Authorized Training Centers offer the interested learners the virtual training option. All the courses are led by the certified instructors, so you can be sure that the content they provide you with is legit.
To be able to get the passing score, you are required to understand the topics included in the overall content of the exam. All in all, the Check Point 156-315.80 test contains 7 domains, so you need to cover the following details during your preparation phase:
- Upgrading – This section is all about the upgrade of Full High Availability that supports the standalone configuration as well as restoration of Management Servers & Security Gateways. You should have the skills in launching SmartDashboard and installing Security Management Server;
- Advanced Firewall – This area covers a lot of subsections that will evaluate your skills. Thus, you need to have an understanding of Kernel Tables, FW Monitor, Network Address Translation, as well as Check Point Firewall Key Features & Infrastructure. A potential candidate must also have knowledge of the GUI clients, security servers, and usage of tcpdump, fw ctl pstat, and cpinfo;
- Clustering & Acceleration – As for this domain, you need to know about Maintenance Tasks & Tools, Clustering & Acceleration, CoreXL: Multicore Acceleration, Management HA, SecureXL: Security Acceleration, as well as VRRP. It also includes the details of Clustering Terms, travelling of packets through Unicast, synchronization modes & status, and VPN capabilities;
- Advanced User Management – This topic evaluates your knowledge of identity awareness and if you can troubleshoot User Authentication & User Directory. This means that you should know about the LDAP tools, Authentication Process Flow, AD Query Setup, as well as usage of SmartView Tracker and LDAP Servers with Check Point;
- Advanced IPsec Remote Access & VPN – The objectives included in this part of the test cover the details of Remote Access & Multiple Entry Point VPNs. An interested individual has to know about VPN debug, tunnel management, and advanced VPN practices & concepts as well. Your knowledge base should also contain the understanding of working with permanent tunnels, Explicit & Implicit MEP, VPN encryption issues, as well as Internet Key Exchange;
- Auditing & Reporting – The last module measures your level of knowledge of SmartEvent & SmartEvent Architecture, Reporting & Auditing Process, as well as SmartReporter. Other key elements of this section cover the details of report types, component communication process, SmartEvent Intro, and Event Policy User Interface.
Having this Check Point certification means you are a potential candidate for the job you are applying for and someone who will be a valuable asset for the company. The employers don’t want to lose such IT experts who have proven that they are able to deal with various tasks. This is why they have all the chances to become a Systems Programmer, a Lead Network Security Engineer, an Information Technology Director, a Sales Engineer, or a Security Consultant. In addition, the increased salary is what you should expect after earning the Check Point Certified Security Expert certificate. Your average income can be about $91,592 per year.