About Microsoft MB-300 Exam
The MB-300: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Core Finance and Operations exam evaluates the knowledge and skills of the candidates in using the basic functionality & implementation tools as well as configuring processes, options, and security. This test also measures their competence required for validating & supporting solutions and managing Finance & Operation data. It is part of the requirements for the achievement of two certifications: Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Commerce Functional Consultant Associate and Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Functional Consultant Associate.
The target candidates for the Microsoft MB-300 test have the competence in analyzing the business prerequisites and translating the same into complete realized business solutions and processes that use industry best practices. These specialists function as a key resource in the implementation and configuration of applications that fulfill the business requirements.
Although the exam does not have any official prerequisites, the candidates should have a good understanding of the basic capabilities and features of Finance and Operations apps as well as know how to use and configure each of them. They should also have an understanding of how these apps integrated with other external tools & systems such as Power Platform. The potential individuals for this certification test often specialize in at least one of the features of Finance and Operations applications, which include manufacturing, supply chain management, and finance.
The Microsoft MB-300 exam can be taken in English or Japanese. The candidates must indicate their preferred language at the point of registering for the test. The applicants have to go through the Pearson VUE website to schedule the exam and pay the fee of $165 to complete the process. Those individuals who sit for the test outside the United States should check the official website for more details regarding the fee that applies to their country.
The MB-300 exam covers 40-60 questions presented in different formats. The types to expect in the delivery of the test include drag and drop, build list, multiple choice, active screen, fill-in-the-blank, and hot area. The time allowed for the exam is 120 minutes, and it is recommended that the students answer all the questions as they will not be penalized for the wrong answers.
To help the learners prepare for the test, Microsoft offers great resources that can be found on its official website. There are two training options, including the instructor-led course as well as free learning paths. The course, Microsoft Dynamics 365: Core Finance and Operations, equips the candidates with the skills needed to modernize and automate the global finance operations of the organization as well as monitor the performance in real time, make a data-driven decision, and predict the future outcomes while driving business growth. The students will develop the competence required to pass the exam and perform tasks in a real-world business environment. The free learning paths cover different modules that provide the applicants with the knowledge and skills in the domains of Microsoft MB-300. It is recommended that they use the above-mentioned tools in addition to the official practice test to prepare for their exam.
Understanding the topics covered in the certification exam is very critical to succeed. This is why the candidates must take the time to review the domains of the test while preparing for it. The details of the areas covered in the Microsoft MB-300 exam are enumerated below:
Utilize common implementation & functionality tools: 15-20%
- Recognize & utilize common Finance and Operations apps, functionality & features: It covers the skills in explaining the capabilities & use cases for workspaces. It also evaluates the competence in explaining case management, global address book attributes & use cases, and use cases for Business Document Management & electronic reporting features.
- Explain use cases for Power Platform services & apps: It requires the skills in recognizing the use cases for Power Automate, Power BI, and Power Virtual Agents. It also covers the competence in differentiating between embedded & pinned Power BI reports.
Configure processes, security & options: 30-35%
- Implement security: The examinees should be able to differentiate between duties, roles, permissions, and privileges as well as allocate uses to specific security roles according to the given situations. They also need to demonstrate their skills in explaining duties segregations.
- Create & design workflows: The test takers need to possess the competence in describing the use cases for workflows; creating & designing workflows; troubleshooting, workflows; configuring workflow elements & properties, workflow parameters, workflow assignment hierarchies, and queues. It also covers their skills in managing workflow versions and utilizing Power Automate for extending workflows.
- Configure features for organization administration: It covers the skills in configuring & setting up legal entities and operating units; troubleshooting & configuring number sequences; creating or importing proper startup data, such as vendors, postal code data, products, and customers. It also covers the expertise in creating organization hierarchies as well as explaining 7 applying user alternatives, including language, email settings, and time zones.
Manage Finance and Operations data: 25-30%
- Handle data: The candidates need to have the skills in explaining the use cases for Data Management templates and workspace as well as the types & use cases for data entities. It also covers their expertise in copying configuration data between the companies or legal entities via the usage of the Data Management framework.
- Plan a migration strategy: The students should demonstrate their skills in establishing common migration tools and scenarios within the Finance and Operations apps; recognizing the appropriate data elements & entities according to the given scenarios; explaining the use cases for Dual Write features.
Validate & support solutions: 15-20%
- Test solutions: It covers the skills in explaining testing type tools as well as automating & managing the use cases with RSAT.
- Implement LCS tools: The learners should demonstrate their competence in distinguishing between the LCS roles; recognizing the opportunities for re-using existing assets; explaining the types of environments, which include production, test, and sandbox; using the LCS tools for identifying, resolving, and reporting issues.
The associated certifications for the Microsoft MB-300 exam allow the individuals to build career paths in finance & operations, manufacturing, purchasing, and supply. These are highly rewarding career paths with numerous job opportunities. Some of the positions that the certified professionals can consider include a Dynamics 365 Analyst, a Dynamics 365 Developer, a Software Engineer, a Business Applications Technical Specialist, a Product Strategy Supervisor, and an Application Support Engineer, among others. The average remuneration for these specialists is $125,000 per annum.